Shipping & Purchasing Information
Current Order Processing Time: 1-2 business days.
Most orders are shipped from our warehouse facility in West Virginia, USA. Approximate transit times for each shipping option will display in the shopping cart after you enter your shipping address, and reflect the amount of transit time after order processing. (In other words, please add 1-2 business days to the time frame estimates in the shopping cart.)
Important Purchasing Information
* Please note that all prices on our site are in US Dollars ($)
The Mini Museum is a hand made product and the production process lends itself to variations. All Mini Museums are sold "as-is" and by purchasing a Mini Museum, you acknowledge such variations will occur. There might be tiny air bubbles, or a specimen may be shaped and sized differently than the images on this page. Specimens and the limited edition label have also been known to shift or fragment slightly during the acrylic curing phase, which can cause variations in alignment and appearance. Such variations highlight the artisanal nature of this project, as each Mini Museum is made by hand and absolutely unique.
Frequently Asked Questions
International Customs and Taxes (VAT)
We do not collect international customs or sales tax (VAT) up front. Your purchase price reflects the product and shipping cost only.
As the purchaser of a Mini Museum, you will be responsible for all duties and taxes imposed on the import of the Mini Museum. The Mini Museum is an educational display and will be classified as such on import documentation, which should eliminate customs tariffs in most cases, but sales tax (VAT) is always a possibility and you should plan accordingly.
If you refuse customs/tax/VAT charges, your Mini Museum will be returned to us and we will not reship. Assuming the Mini Museum is not damaged, we will refund your purchase minus shipping charges.
How long will a Mini Museum last?
An acryllic Mini Museum, if properly cared for, should last for many, many years, but it is not indestructible. We have taken great pains to protect your Mini Museum, and though rare it is possible that it may arrive with a few micro abrasions. Most abrasions are simple to remove, but we always recommend taking your Mini Museum to a professional jewelry repair shop for buffing and polishing.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept PayPal, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Jcb, and Diners Club.
Do you ship to APO/FPO addresses?
Yes! We use the US Postal Service to ship to members of the US Military and are proud to do so.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes! We've shipped Mini Museums to more than 68 different countries around the world! Please be sure to read the section below about International Customs and Taxes (VAT).
We recommend using FedEx for international shipments but we also offer US Postal Service for some countries as well (Priority Mail services ONLY). Shipping methods vary by country and pricing is determined at the time of the sale based on weight. You may check the price of shipping by placing the items you wish to order in your shopping cart, then proceeding to the checkout and entering your shipping address information (you do not need to enter any payment information to reach the point where shipping quotes will appear).
A Note About USPS First Class International Shipping: Please note that we do offer USPS First Class International Shipping. In many countries, the tracking of these packages is simple and easy. In addition to the USPS website, you can also use the tracking number on the destination country's postal service website (e.g. Royal Mail for the UK). However, there are some countries that do not provide additional tracking once the package is handed over to customs. Sweden for example does not track the package after handoff. In general, we've still found USPS First Class very reliable but on occasion it can take longer.
Do you require signatures on shipments?
Not always. If you are shipping FedEx International, you'll need to sign. That is their policy on orders over a certain amount. In the United States, we no longer require a signature to receive delivery of the Mini Museum.
Returns, Exchanges, and Refunds
- General Returns and Exchanges: Each Mini Museum is a limited edition collectible, and all Mini Museums are sold as-is. There are no exchanges available. However, if you are unhappy with your Mini Museum we can offer your a refund if you return your mini museum within 30 days of purchase. Please contact us prior to making a return.
- Shipping Refunds: Please note that you will be responsible for paying for return shipping costs. We can provide you with a return label but the costs for return shipping will be deducted from your refund. Original shipping costs are also not refundable. If you select an express shipping method with "guaranteed delivery" time, we will not file a claim on your behalf if the delivery is not made on time.
- Shipping Insurance: Every package we send is insured against loss and/or theft. If your package does not arrive, please contact us immediately and we will investigate. We will issue a refund after the investigation is complete, which depending on the destination could take several weeks.
- Discounted Items: All discounted Mini Museums are sold "as-is". No exchanges or refunds are possible.
Contacting Mini Museum Service
Email is the best way to contact us. Our email address is email@example.com. Every email sent to this address is assigned to a Mini Museum Helper and all replies are tracked.