Mini Museum - Fourth Edition (TOUCH - 29 Specimens)
This product is currently sold out.
Update: Available to Ship! The Touch version of the Fourth Edition is in stock and ready to ship!
The Mini Museum is a hand made product and the production process lends itself to small variations. All Mini Museums are sold "as-is" and by purchasing a Mini Museum, you acknowledge that such variations can occur. Such variations highlight the artisanal nature of the project, as each Mini Museum is made by hand and absolutely unique.
The Mini Museum is a portable collection of curiosities where every item is authentic, iconic and labeled. It's been carefully designed to take you on a journey of learning and exploration. Each Mini Museum is a handcrafted, limited edition; the TOUCH version of the Fourth Edition is limited to just 500 pieces. And If you consider the age of some of these specimens – it's been billions of years in the making.
The TOUCH is a special version of the Mini Museum which comes in a classic, glass-topped riker display case. It includes all 29 specimens from the Fourth Edition collection. The TOUCH is not a toy and it is not intended for children. The specimens can be removed from their individual acrylic jars for careful study. We say "careful study" here because many are quite delicate and some can be hazardous if not handled properly (see note at the end of this page for more details).
The 29 Specimen (TOUCH) Fourth Edition Mini Museum includes:
- Detailed Printed Companion Guide
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Classic, glass-topped riker display case
The 29 Specimen (TOUCH) Fourth Edition of the Mini Museum measures approximately 14 1/2" long x 8" wide x 1" thick and contains 29 different specimens:
- EXTRATERRESTRIAL AMINO ACIDS (c. 4,568,200,000 YEARS OLD)
- LUNAR HIGHLANDS (c. 3,200,000,000 YEARS OLD)
- COPPER CRYSTALS (c. 300,000,000 YEARS OLD)
- THE GREAT DYING (c. 252,280,000 YEARS OLD)
- PANGEA (c. 200,000,000 YEARS OLD)
- DINOSAUR FOOD (CYCAD)
- PLESIOSAUR (PADDLE)
- RAPTOR (DROMAEOSAURID BONE)
- MEGA CROC (SARCOSUCHUS ARMOR)
- SABER-TOOTH TIGER (SMILODON BONE)
- GIANT BEAVER (CASTOROIDES TOOTH)
- DOGGERLAND MAMMOTH (TOOTH)
- ELEPHANT BIRD (AEPYORNIS EGGSHELL)
- AMAZON RIVER
- STONEHENGE (BLUESTONE QUARRY)
- MUMMY BEADS (1ST MILLENNIUM BCE)
- ROMAN BATH (HYPOCAUST FLUE)
- KNIGHT’S SWORD (14TH CENTURY CE)
- AZTEC EMPIRE (OBSIDIAN TOOL)
- LUSITANIA (DECK CHAIR)
- WINSTON CHURCHILL (FUR MUFF)
- HOLLYWOOD SIGN
- MANHATTAN PROJECT (SHIELD WINDOW)
- THE WHITE HOUSE
- MUHAMMAD ALI (PUNCHING BAG)
- CONCORDE (JET ROTOR)
- ROUGH SAPPHIRE (MYANMAR)
- FIRST SPACE SHUTTLE (COLUMBIA FLOWN TILE)
- HUMAN HEART
* There are also six additional "bonus" slots available for your own specimens!
Each Mini Museum is handcrafted and ready to inspire you. Display it on your desktop, mantle, or coffee table. It also makes a beautiful gift for the person that has everything. (We all know some of those people. Not one of them has anything like this!)
Safety Notice: The TOUCH Mini Museum is not a toy. It is a serious, scientific collectible. ALL specimens in the TOUCH are accessible and so the product should never be left in the hands of small children. Specimens such as the Concorde Jet Rotor are extremely sharp and every other item is small enough to swallow.
Lead Notice: The bright yellow Manhattan Project Glass contains a high percentage of lead oxide. We've sealed the lid of this particular specimen with a strip of plastic adhesive but it can still be accessed for close study. Extreme care should be taken when handling this specimen. Ideally, you should use single-use disposable gloves and always wash your hands thoroughly after replacing the specimen. Take extra care not to rub your eyes or ingest food or drink. Do not place this item in your mouth or allow others to do so.